September – December
Chinese Language Arts
We will cover 2 units in the first trimester: 1) my family and me; 2) seasons and weather change. Students will focus on one topic each week. For each week, we will name items, practice conversation, read words, read different genres, and write 3-4 basic characters. Students will be given a list of words and leveled readers to review at home.
At the end of this trimester, students will be able to:
- . Listening: 1) internalize and follow classroom instructions, directions and routines; 2) understand high frequency words combined with gestures, visuals and repetition on learned topics.
- Speaking: 1) imitate Chinese words and phrases; 2) provide information about myself using simple words and phrases.
- Reading and reading skills: 1) identify some simple words and phrases; 2) understand the organization and basic features of print; 3) read emergent reader texts with purpose and understanding; 4) identify story elements; 5) make reading responses; 6) identify causes and effects; 7) understand characters
- Writing: 1) demonstrate the understanding of the basic writing strokes; 2) spell simple-component characters and words; 3) state an opinion or preference about the topic with help; 4) narrate a single event with help
- Grammar: 1) provide information using frequently occurring nouns, action verbs, and adjectives; 2) understand parts of a sentence
- Module 1: Numbers to 10
- Module 2: Two-Dimensional and Three- Dimensional Shapes
- Seasons and Weather Change
- Life Cycle of an Apple
- Animals and Habitats
- My Family and Me
- Monthly Holidays
- Jesus and Holy Family
- God Gives Us Many Gifts
- Advent / Christmas
Please feel free to use Ms. Sun’s wiki page http://mhrcasun.pbworks.com to review the lessons that have been learned in the class.