Chinese Language Art < Language Objectives
- Ask and answer such questions as who, what, where, when, why, and how to demonstrate understanding of key details in a text.
- Describe how characters in a story respond to major events and challenges.
- Describe the overall structure of a story, including describing how the beginning introduces the story and the ending concludes the action.
- Compare and contrast two or more versions of the same story (e.g., Cinderella stories) by different authors or from different cultures.
Speaking and Listening:
- Participate in collaborative conversations with diverse partners about grade 2 topics and texts with peers and adults in small and larger groups.
- Tell a story or recount an experience with appropriate facts and relevant, descriptive details, speaking audibly in coherent sentences.
- Determine the main ideas and supporting details of a text read aloud or information presented in diverse media and formats, including visually, quantitatively, and orally.
- Write informative/explanatory texts in which they introduce a topic, use facts and definitions to develop points, and provide a concluding statement or section.
- Write informative/explanatory texts to examine a topic and convey ideas and information clearly.
- Write opinion pieces on topics or texts, supporting a point of view with reasons, Provide reasons that support the opinion.
Text: * The Kitten Goes Fishing & White Kitten and Black Kitten
* * Wolves Are Coming & A Honest Child
* * Why don’t you Try It?
* * Xiao Hua Went to Hospital
Making simple sentences
* Possessive nouns/verbs /pronouns/reduplications verb
* Sentence structure
* Subject/verb agreement
* Elements of story
* Word meanings
* Forming phrases
* Persuasive essay
* Explanatory writing
Reading and Speaking
* Main idea/supporting details
* Rectangular Arrays as a Foundation for Multiplication and Division
* The Meaning of Even and Odd Numbers
* Attributes of Geometric Shapes
* CompositeShapes and Fraction Concepts
* Halves, Thirds, and Fourths of Circles and Rectangles
* Application of Fractions to Tell Time
* The Ten Commandments
* Penance and reconciliation
* The Church continuing the work of Jesus
* Plant and animal adaptations
* Life functions of living organisms
* Plants and animals depending on each other in the community
* Technology changes communities
* Rights and responsibilities
Read all posts in Sr. Martina Hou ›