Posted on March 14, 2019
Welcome to Ms. Sun’s Kindergarten and Beginning Mandarin class page!
Beginning Mandarin class website 1
Chinese Language Arts
Students will focus on one topic each week. For each week, we will name items, practice conversation, read words and different genres, write 4-5 basic characters, and write simple sentences focusing on the use of the new learned characters, punctuations, and word spacing. Students will be given a list of words and leveled readers to review at home.
At the end of this trimester, students will be able to:
- Oral language: 1) increase their understanding words, phrases, and simple sentences related to everyday life; 2) recognize pieces of information and sometimes understand the main topic of what is being dictated; 3) provide basic information about self, family and friends.
- Writing: 1) write memorized words and phrases on familiar topics; 2) write briefly about most familiar topics using very simple sentences.
- Reading skills: 1) identify the characters, the setting of the story, and the sequence of events; 2) tell main idea and details; 3) identify causes and effects; 4) understand author’s purpose; 5) compare and contrast 2 things
4. Language progression: 1) understand and use some learned and memorized words and phrases; 2) use punctuation: period, comma, exclamations; 3) understand Chinese grammar: questions, pronouns, negation with 不 and 没, action verbs, ongoing actions in the present, and basic time phrases
- Module 4: Number Pairs, addition and subtraction to 10
- Module 5: Number 10-20; count to 100 by ones and tens
- Life cycle of a butterfly
- Earning money
- Community and maps
- Monthly holidays
- All about me
- Lent, 3 Days and Easter
- Jesus Family
Please feel free to use Ms. Sun’s wiki page http://mhrcasun.pbworks.com to review the lessons that have been learned in the class.
Read all posts in Kindergarten A ›