Posted on December 20, 2017
Welcome to Ms. Sun’s Kindergarten and Beginning Mandarin class page!
Beginning Mandarin class website 1
September – December
Chinese Language Art s
Students will focus on one topic each week. For each week, we will name items, practice conversation, read words, read different genres, and write 3-4 basic characters. Students will be given a list of words and leveled readers to review at home.
At the end of this trimester, students will be able to:
- Listening: 1) internalize and follow classroom instructions, directions and routines; 2) understand high frequency words combined with gestures, visual and repetition on learned topics.
- Speaking: 1) imitate Chinese words and phrases; 2) provide information about myself and my immediate surroundings using simple words and phrases.
- Reading and reading skills: 1) identify some simple words and phrases; 2) understand the organization and basic features of print; 3) read emergent reader texts with purpose and understanding; 4) identify characters, settings and major events in a story; 5) tell key details; 6) make reading responses; 7) identify cause and effects; 8) understand characters;
- Writing: 1) demonstrate the understanding of the basic writing strokes; 2) spell simple-component characters and words
1) Module 1 Numbers to 10
2) Module 2 Two-Dimensional and Three-Dimensional Shapes
1) Seasons and Weather Change
2) Life Cycle of an Apple
3) Animals and Habitats
1) My Family and Me
2) Monthly holidays
1) Jesus and Holy Family
2) God Gives Us Many Gifts
4) Advent/ Christmas
Please feel free to use Ms. Sun’s Wiki Page http://mhrcasun.pbworks.com to review the lessons that have been learned in the class
Read all posts in Kindergarten A ›