Grade 6 Math
- Find volumes of 3-D figures involving fractions
- Represent three-dimensional figures using nets made up of rectangles and triangles
- Use nets to find surface area in the context of solving real world problems
- Statistics and Probability
- Recognize that statistical questions anticipate variability in the data.
- Understand the difference and use of measure of the center of numerical data and the measure of variation.
- Represent sets of data using dots on a number line, dot plots, histograms, and box plots.
- Summarize numerical data sets in relation to their context. Example: number of observations, method and units of measurements, measures of center, variability, patterns, and deviations.
Grade 7 Math
- Solve problems involving scale drawings of geometric figures
- Describe two dimensional figures resulting from slicing three dimensional figures
- Write and solve simple equations and multi-step problems using facts about supplementary, complimentary, vertical, and adjacent angles
- Solve real world and mathematical problems involving area, volume, and surface area of 2-and 3-dimensional problems
- Use facts about supplementary, complementary, vertical, and adjacent angles in a multi-step problem solving
- Solve real-world and mathematical problems involving area, volume and surface area of two-and three-dimensional objects
Statistics and Probability
- Understand that the probability of a chance event is a number between 0 and 1 that expresses the likelihood of the event occurring.
- Collect data on chance process, approximate the probability of a chance event
- Observe the long-run relative frequency; predict approximate relative frequency in a given probability.
- Compare probabilities from a model to observed frequencies, explain discrepancy sources if any.
- Find probabilities of compound events using organized lists, tables, tree diagrams, and simulation
Grade 8 Math
- Understand the properties of rotations, reflections, and translations
- Understand and prove congruency between two-dimensional figures
- Understand and describe the effect of dilations, translations, and reflections on two-dimensional figures using coordinates.
- Understand and explain similarities among two-dimensional figures
- Understand the effect of sequence of rotations, reflections, translations, and dilations on two-dimensional a figure and the concept of similarity.
Statistics and Probability
- Display frequencies and relative in a two-way table
- Understand patterns of association seen in bivariate categorical data
- Construct and interpret a two-way table for two categorical variables
- Use relative frequencies to describe possible association between variables.
Grade 7 Religion
- The Liturgical seasons- Lent and Easter
- The Sacrament of Baptism
- The Sacrament of Confirmation
- The Sacrament of the Eucharist
- The Sacrament of Penance and the Anointing of the Sick
- The Sacrament of Holy Orders and Matrimony
- Living out our vocation
- Works of Mercy
- We are communion of Saints
Grade 8 Science
- Structure of the Universe
- Stars and life cycle of Stars
- Models of the Solar System
- Gravity and the Solar System
- The Sun
- The terrestrial Planets and the Gas Giant Planets
- Other Smaller Bodies in the Solar System
- Technology for Space Exploration
- History of Space Exploration