Posted on December 20, 2017
Welcome to your Mathematics and Religion Classes. I am excited to work with you this academic year. I know you are very well prepared to meet the 100% deadline on or before June, 2019. Be ready to find Math in every corner of the real world. From the Religion class, you gain confidence and God’s blessings for the mathematical ride. Welcome aboard the train of success!
Grade 5 Math
Number and Operations in Base Ten
- Recognize that in a multi-digit whole number, a digit in one place represents 10 times as much as it represent in the place to its right and 1/10 of what it represents in the place to its left.
- Recognize and explain patterns in the number of zeroes of the product when multiplying a number by powers of 10
- Recognize patterns in the placement of the decimal point when a decimal is multiplied or divided by a power of 10
- Use whole number exponents to denote powers of 10
- Read, write, and compare decimals to the thousandths and round decimals to any place.
- Find whole number quotients of whole numbers with up to four-digit dividends and two digit divisors
- Add, subtract, multiply, and divide decimals to the hundredths
- Read and write whole numbers to the millions
- Compare and order numbers to the millions
- Compare fractions and decimals
- Use a variety of strategies to multiply three-digit by three-digit numbers
- Use a variety of strategies to divide three-digit numbers by one-digit and two-digit numbers
- Understand that percent means part of a hundred, and write percents as fractions and decimals
Grade 6 Math
- Recognize and simplify complex fractions
- Divide and multiply fractions by fractions
- Add, subtract, multiply and divide multi-digit numbers using standard algorithm
- Add, subtract, multiply, and divide multi-digit decimals using standard algorithm
- Use distributive property to express a sum of two whole numbers with a common factor as a multiple of two whole numbers with no common factor.
- Describe quantities having opposite directions or values using positive and negative numbers.
- Understand rational number as a point on the number line.
- Use positive and negative numbers to represent points on the number line (horizontal and vertical), and coordinate plane.
- Solve real-world and mathematical problems using rational numbers, coordinate plane, coordinates, and absolute value
Expressions and Equations
- Read, write, and evaluate numerical expressions involving exponents and/or variables
- Read, write, and solve equations and inequalities
- Recognize two expressions that are equivalent
- Understand and explain that writing and solving equations and inequalities is a process of answering questions
- Write and solve real-world and mathematical problems using variables, expressions and equations
- Write an inequality, and represent a constraint or condition in a real-world or mathematical problems with inequalities
- Use variables to represent two quantities in real-world problem that change in relationship to one another
- Identify and represent both the dependent and independent variable
- Analyze the relationships between dependent and independent variables using graphs, tables, and equations.
Grade 7 Math
- Add and subtract rational numbers
- Represent addition and subtraction of rational numbers on a number line
- Multiply and divide rational numbers
- Solve real-world and mathematical problems involving the four operations with rational numbers
Expressions and Equations
- Add, subtract, and expand linear expressions with rational coefficients by applying properties of operations as strategies
- Rewrite expressions in different forms to understand the relationships among numbers
- Solve multi-step real-world and mathematics problems that involve positive and negative rational numbers in any form
- Convert between forms of rational numbers as appropriate
- Use variables to represent quantities in real-world and mathematical problems
- Construct simple equations and inequalities to solve problems
- Compare and algebraic solution to an arithmetic solution
- Solve world problems involving inequalities graph and interpret the solution set in the context of the problem
Grade 8 Math
- Differentiate between rational and irrational numbers.
- Understand that every number has a decimal expansion, which eventually repeats
- Convert decimal expansions with repeats into a rational
- Compare the size of irrational using the rational approximations of irrational numbers.
- Locate approximately, and graph irrational numbers on a number line
Expressions and Equations
- Know and apply the properties of integer exponents to generate equivalent numerical expressions
- Represent solutions to equations involving squares and cubes of positive rational numbers using square root and cube root.
- Know that √2 is irrational
- Estimate and compare very large or very small quantities using numbers expressed in single digit times an integer power of ten
- Perform operations involving numbers expressed in scientific notation and decimals
- Graph proportional relationships, interpret unit rate as the slope of the graph
- Use similar triangles to explain the relationship between two equal slopes drawn from different points on a graph
- Derive the equation for a line passing through the origin and a line intercepting the vertical line at a point.
- Solve linear equations in one variable
- Analyze and solve pairs of simultaneous linear equations
Grade 7 Religion
- Understand and acknowledge God’s presence as father and creator in the world and in our lives.
- Understand the purpose of creation and human existence
- Understand and acknowledge who we are as God’s children
- Identify the Scripture and Tradition as sources of the Truth
- Acknowledge the truth about the Blessed Trinity and relate it to the sign of the cross
- Appreciate the forgiving heart of God
- Acknowledge the gift of Jesus Christ as the good news from God
- Recognize and appreciate the presence and work of the Holy Spirit in our lives
- Understand the fulfillment of the promise of God is Jesus Christ our Savior
- Understand the teaching of Jesus Christ about the kingdom of God
- Understand and appreciate Jesus as a healer, as the bread of life.
- Understand and appreciate Jesus as our Savior